Hi, my name is dpb3770! I'm looking for help and support on Direct Payments — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is dpb3770! I'm looking for help and support on Direct Payments

Options
dpb3770
dpb3770 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi all, I am a personal assistant to my brother (he lives with my parents) I am heavily involved in helping my father with the minefield of Direct Payments and have come to this site for help and support 
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome glad you have joined 

If you need some help just ask I dine know anything about direct payments but there are people on here who will be able to help 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the community @dpb3770

Glad you've joined us :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Direct payments are sorted out by social services but paid out by people plus in wales don't know if people plus cover England I will have a look for you ?
  • Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @dpb3770, I live in London and in receipt of Direct Payments.
    I now have what is called a "Managed Account".
    The council deposits money in my account every month for the number of hours per week I've been assessed to need. 
    My PA gets paid by the Council's Payroll department, when I send in her Time Sheets. I don't get to handle any of the money or have to deal with Payroll. 

I hope this information helps. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    @Oxonlady thank you I only knew that managed accounts in wales were funded by social services but paid by people plus in wales ?
  • Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @lisathomas50, that's ok, there always seem to be variations in these matters between the UK countries. Maybe it's down to how these services are funded, I'm not sure.

I hope you are ok up in Wolverhampton and can sort things out for your Mum. I know it's not an easy situation but you are doing very well and you are so caring. 
    I know people who couldn't care less about their Mums... but let's not go there! 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    @Oxonlady thank you for your kind words  I will always be here for my mum and care for her I did the same when my dad was poorly with cancer I used to stay with mum and dad and give mum a break  

It's not easy but she is happy so that makes  it easier at the moment mum doesnt think there is anything wrong with her  but we will get there dementia is a cruel thing 

Brightness