Who would you take to Euro 2021, James Maddison or Mason Mount? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Who would you take to Euro 2021, James Maddison or Mason Mount?

WestHam06
WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
Hi all, 
         As we look to the Euro's later this year, obviously ensuring that it is safe to do so, I have been thinking of possibly naming the England squad that I would take. Please, if you would like too, I would be really interested to read people's opinions regards to certain positions. So, my second question with regard to this is, would you take James Maddison or Mason Mount? Thank you. 

Who would you take to Euro 2021, James Maddison or Mason Mount? 4 votes

James Maddison
100% 4 votes
Mason Mount
0% 0 votes

Comments

• WestHam06
    For me, I would take James Maddison, I feel he is just more of a well-rounded player, who reads the game well. Thank you. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I think both will go, but I would pick James Maddison over Mount. 

I think we have players who can do what Mount does, but I'm not sure we have another like Maddison, other than Greelish but I'm not a fan of his.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • WestHam06
    I completely agree with what you say @Ross_Scope and I too, am not a fan of Greelish. With all the respect in the world, I personally think Greelish is over-rated. In my opinion, he can run with the ball but not so good at getting his head up and seeing the pass. Thank you.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm not a fan of all the diving he does @WestHam06

He's a really good player but he goes down way too easily and that ruins his good work for me. I don't like seeing it.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    @WestHam06
    I think James Maddison would get my vote for your pole 
    I also agree with with@Ross_scope I would like to see Jack Grenish as well

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Garza
    Garza Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    i agree with @Ross_Scope I think both will go, as I Chelsea fan I really enjoy seeing Mount develop and progress, however, with and England hat on I am almost certain Maddison would start over Mount as he offers more and is a better all round player
  • goods166
    goods166 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Don't really understand why Dunk and White aren't selected or why Southgate chooses Mings for a call-up? Don't get me wrong Tyrone Mings is an excellent CB however, I just think Dunk is slightly better in terms of his consistency and makes fewer mistakes... 
  • WestHam06
    I apologies for the delay in responding to these. Interesting point @goods166 as both Dunk and White are great players, please may I ask what your thoughts on Harry Maguire are? Thank you. 
  • goods166
    goods166 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    WestHam06 said:
    I apologies for the delay in responding to these. Interesting point @goods166 as both Dunk and White are great players, please may I ask what your thoughts on Harry Maguire are? Thank you. 
    I think he's a very good player but I think he would be a world-class player if he played under somebody like Pep Guardiola or José Mourinho and I don't think the latter was backed as much as he could've been financially during his tenure at Manchester United although he has to a certain extent at Spurs (in bringing in Gareth Bale).
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    @WestHam06
    I agree that Harry Maguire is a great defender but he still looks shakey I think decline rice and Reece James should in contention I would hear our thoughts? 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• WestHam06
    Hi @goods166
                             Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Maguire and it's an interesting point. The reason I say that is because, personally, I am not a massive fan of Maguire and I think he is over-rated, however, I wondered if my point of view may change if he were to play under someone like Pep. I think Dunk would give Maguire a run for his money in terms of a place in the England team. Thank you.

• WestHam06
    Hi @Globster
                            Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Maguire, and I agree, for me, Declan Rice is a must for the England squad in the summer (and it's not because I'm biased :) ) Rice is a genuinely quality player and he can hold his own in the midfield. Reece James is an interesting one, definitely good enough for the England squad, I just wonder whether he would be able to get in ahead of Kyle Walker? I think he would, but it gives Southgate a lot to think about. Thank you.

Brightness