Got my decision letter today after MR. I was successful. However, the cover letter says I failed? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Got my decision letter today after MR. I was successful. However, the cover letter says I failed?

Options
devilish
devilish Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited March 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi,

I had a PIP award for a few years from 2018 to January 22nd this year, when my telephone assessment scored me 0 points across the board. 

I immediately went for a Mandatory Reconsideration, with help from the CAB. I got the decision letter today, scoring me 11 points for daily living, therefore awarding PIP. The scoring criteria, and the DM's remarks about my claim seem correct.

That's where it gets strange. The cover letter (page 1) says i've failed and not got an award, and there isn't any mention of the award date anywhere, and I assumed I would have got backpaid to the 22nd January - when it stopped. I did get a payment from DWP, for....1day (£8.53). Has anyone else had this happen? 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

This seems strange I think you need to give them a call 

If you got an award it should be backdated to when it ended but your letter saying no award diesnt sound right if you then say you got 11 points 
  • devilish
    Options
    Yes, I've never ever seen anything like this, and I have had DLA since 2013, and PIP from 2018-20. 

It just looks like (to me, but can't be sure until monday) that the points they've given me are correct, as the description from the DM at the end matched the evidence I sent in for the MR. There is no information supplied about a tribunal, so it's basically a complete mess.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You’ll have to ring them. It may be a clerical error.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • devilish
    Options
    Just to conclude this.
    It was a happy ending, after all. It was a clerical error on the DWP's part, they rushed it out at the end of the day and put the wrong decision notice in. So, my MR was successful - and I'm pleased with the result.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's good glad it is sorted and thanks for letting us know 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Awesome, thanks for updating us @devilish :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.