Esa reassessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa reassessment

julie2419
julie2419 Community member Posts: 33 Connected
Hi,I got a letter today for telephone assessment to reassess my esa in two weeks,im in support group,without filling in the form. ive been in esa support group since 2016. will they send a form before in these two weeks or will I just have a telephone assessment? 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    It doesn't give much time so I assume it will just be the phone call, things aren't quite as normal as we all know.
    And welcome to scope @julie2419
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• julie2419
    Thank you,that is true,it does not leave much time. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Definitely doesn't leave much time at all, if they were planning on sending out some forms it would be a very tight squeeze to get them filled out, keeping in mind any postal delays.

Hope the phone call goes well.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I've seen a few similar posts on here recently.  Where they do just phone and ask a few simple questions to confirm the ongoing award, rather than having to go through the whole form and assessment process again.

Good luck with it!
  • julie2419
    Thank you,yes will let you know what happens. Will read other similar posts,hopefully its not too long. 
  • julie2419
    Just to let you all know my ESA telephone assessment for tomorrow is cancelled as the assessor is sick. dwp rang yesterday and they said will send another appointment which will be a weekday rather than weekend. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    @julie2419 let us know how it goes, and good luck
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• julie2419
    Thank you I will do 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Are least they cancelled with biting notice fingers crossed you dont have to wait too long 
  • julie2419
    edited March 2021
    Yes that is true,hopefully will send a another appointment soon. 
  • julie2419
    Just a update,i had my ESA telephone assessment with the health care professional today in the morning,lasted for 30 mins. was mainly about my health and how things are now. Things have increased and my epilepsy has gotten worse. he told me esa wont be stopped but they are checking wether im getting the right amount or not. I was anxious especially before the assessment but I just told him how things were etc. They said dwp have the letters from my epilepsy nurse. He said i will be contacted in a few weeks from dwp. Im just glad its over.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.