Hi, I'm danielriver7! My ESA payment didn't arrive on time. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm danielriver7! My ESA payment didn't arrive on time.

danielriver7
danielriver7 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello, I have been awake all night stressed and ill. I am in ESA support group and have been for several years, have had several assessments and always put in support group. My money always goes into my bank at midnight, but this time hasn't. I know I will have to ring dwp when they open, dreading trying to get through forever and if they'll be mean to me. I am seriously worried they may have just stopped my benefits, I know people can purely out of malice make false accusations of fraud about someone then they can just stop your money with no notification, 'guilty till proved innocent', I haven't done anything fraudulent. People where I live are unpleasant curtain twitchers. I have severe mental health problems, and had a near fatal heart attack a year ago, so now have to live with serious heart condition as well, so stress and worry of this is making me so ill. My mum, who always helped, died a year ago. My partner who I live with is bipolar and is also on benefits, we are both very vulnerable adults. I just wish I was dead, I can't cope with battling dwp.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Try not to panic it could just be late going in . It is unusual for them to stop your benefits without notification 

Try calling as soon as they open as it is less busy 

Let us know how you get on 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @danielriver7 and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry to hear your payment didn't go in as expected.  Did you manage to get through to the DWP?  What did they say?

I'm also going to send you an email in relation to the comments you made about your mood to see what support we can offer.  Please keep an eye on your inbox :) 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • danielriver7
    danielriver7 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hello, thank you got your response. I did get through to them, it was delayed because of some new technical method but only went into.bank after 5.30pm which caused some difficulties with direct debits. I don't feel as low as earlier, it comes and goes, just seems to be one thing after another. Thank you for offer of support.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.