Assessors report could take 2/3 weeks to arrive. I'm worried son could be found fit for work — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessors report could take 2/3 weeks to arrive. I'm worried son could be found fit for work

nicki020267
nicki020267 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi hope you're all keeping well. I'm my sons appointee so I deal with all his things. Last Friday he had his telephone assessment which lasted 20 minutes I was led to believe that you could request a copy of this after 7 days so I've just phoned them to see if anything is there yet but dwp said it could take up to 2/3 weeks due to the covid situation. My son is in the support group for esa & we are a little bit worried that he could be found fit for work after the conversation,  he's on the austic spectrum & also has depression. He's been in the support group for the last 3 years... 

Comments

• nicki020267
    Sorry spelt autistic incorrectly 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hu and welcome 

The guidance us that the report can be requested approx 7 days after assessment but some do take longer some less 

What makes you think he will be found fit for work 

All you can do is get the report or wait for the decision letter as the report is just a recommendation to the decision maker 

The do m8stly go with the report but not in all cases 
  • nicki020267
    Thanks for that I'll leave it for a few more weeks... I think you do get slightly apprehensive after a assessment and think all sorts until you receive the letter.. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    If course you do its only natural 

Fingers crossed for your son and let us know the outcome 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Having the report and knowing in advance what  your sons award may should be Will allow you to prepare extra information, evidence to support you MR should wish or need to make one. As you only have a month to lodge your request for an MR having the report gives you a few weeks heads up.
  • nicki020267
    Thank you for your replies im going to give it a few more days then phone dwp again to ask for a copy of the assessors report..
  • lou87
    lou87 Community member Posts: 48 Connected
    Thank you for your replies im going to give it a few more days then phone dwp again to ask for a copy of the assessors report..
    How did you get on with your sons application for pip? I'm currently waiting for a copy of the assessor report pip told me it could take 7-10 days to arrive but should have a decision in 2weeks time 
    ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.