Mouse and keyboard — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mouse and keyboard

fleurdelis
fleurdelis Community member Posts: 2 Connected
Hello, new here!

I'm trying to find a mouse and keyboard to help manage the pain in my hands. It seems finding the 'right' one is such a personal thing and requires a bit of trial and error.

Does anyone know of any charities or companies that offer equipment loaning services for stuff like this so you can try a couple of different types before you buy?

I thought I saw something on the Scope website ages ago about an organisation that did just this, but I can't find it any more, and the Scope helpline weren't sure if it had been removed or whether perhaps I was misremembering.

Appreciate any help you can offer!

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome

I cant recall any post about this and dont know if any charities that do this 

Hope others can help 

Just wanted to welcome you 
  • newborn
    newborn Community member Posts: 832 Pioneering
    Welcome, and you make such a good point.  It would be ideal if there was some try before you buy, wouldn't it?  I've had fancy ergonomic and all sorts of rests, but never the perfect answer.  One thing I didn't know was there's some kind of setting to correct the sensitivity of the keyboard to let people strike harder or softer, as suited.  A good thing now is the dictation fitted as standard is so good, it often doesn't need to train itself to your voice, and you don't need to buy extra Dragon 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    You probably know this already but if not-if you buy something online you have 14 days to try it out and can return it for a full refund any time within those 14 days for any reason. This could be of benefit?
  • fleurdelis
    fleurdelis Community member Posts: 2 Connected
    Thank you everyone for all your responses! I really appreciate you taking the time to help and your useful suggestions.

Brightness