9 month award extension - PIP advice please — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

9 month award extension - PIP advice please

Options
dannym
dannym Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, hope someone can help.
I received an extension to my current PIP award last November. 
It stated that my award end date would no longer be December 2021, but had been extended for 9 months to September 2022.
I had expected to receive my application form around June 2021, that was before I got this letter. Now unsure what to expect.

I would really appreciate it, if someone had an idea what time frame I might expect now. I work it out that it may not now arrive until March 2022.
But I don't really have a clue to be honest.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It could be March 2022 but it could be sooner. Some people have received extension letters and then received renewal packs a few weeks later. There is no way of knowing in advance.
    The reason for the extensions is to give DWP additional time to catch up with assessments.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @dannym and welcome to our community.

I hope the 'not knowing' isn't causing you any stress, but unfortunately it does appear to be a case of waiting to see.  If you need any help with your review when it comes round, please let us know and we'll do our best to support you :)

I've moved this post to our PIP, DLA and AA discussion board and hope to speak with you again soon.  Have a nice Saturday!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 
    You would normally get review forms 6 months before award is due to end unless it was a tribunal win then its 14 weeks 

But as above due to extensions it isnt really clear when you will get a review all you can do is start to prepare 

Gather evidence look through last review in preparation 

• dannym
    dannym Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you to the above for your kind welcome and helpful remarks.

It really is confusing, especially when it is mentioned that some people got extension letters and within weeks were sent out renewal application forms.

As has been said, I suppose I will just have to wait and see what happens to others in a similar position, for example those claimants who have had extension letters which would take their expected renewal application date to around winter 2021. 

If they start receiving renewal forms suddenly or a long time prior to the normal six months, then that will give an indication that the six months before extension is not to be relied on. 

I have had trouble getting up-to-date supporting evidence in the past, so the uncertainty of the renewal date just compounds this.   
    Thanks again 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.