CLAIM — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

CLAIM

Options
kes2611
kes2611 Community member Posts: 124 Courageous
edited March 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am on ESA income based,was on pip but think gonna lose it,wld i able to cllaim AA as i have help to do stuff cause of my disability?  I get taxis everywhere cause cant use buses.

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No you cannot claim AA. It is a benefit for people of pension age.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • MobileGames
    MobileGames Community member Posts: 123 Pioneering
    edited March 2021
    Options
    @kes2611. I understand just how anxious waiting for a lettered report of the assessment is. Your anxiety goes through the roof and it's all that you can think about,but I would advise that you wait for the report,which takes 6-8 weeks,may be longer due to the pandemic. You'll still get pip whilst waiting. To claim AA you need a lot of information and trying to do a claim on top of waiting for a report may be added stress for you,especially as you need help because of your severe levels of anxiety and a bad back. Im due for an ESA assessment fairly soon and I'm dreading it when that form drops onto my doormat,the level of stress it causes me. When I got the one for pip back in October 2018 I threw it across the living room. I then went upstairs to gather myself and a few days later on a Sunday a relative helped me with it. Now that they can't due to cataracts,anaemia and other health conditions,I rang up scope who said they'll help me over the phone when it comes. I'll be shut away in my bedroom and will need to ask my relative to not have the tv on because I need to concentrate and can't have any background noise going on as it sets my anxiety off and I get agitated and shout,so I get where you're coming from. Hopefully you won't need to wait much longer. Hang in there. 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    MobileGames said: To claim AA you need a lot of information and trying to do a claim on top of waiting for a report may be added stress for you,
    They can’t claim AA anyway - they aren’t pension age.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • MobileGames
    MobileGames Community member Posts: 123 Pioneering
    Options
    @Calcotti. My apologies. I've just looked it up on the government website on my phone. You are right. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.