Report received, and it's contradictory to say the least — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Report received, and it's contradictory to say the least

Charlieniblett
Charlieniblett Community member Posts: 54 Connected
edited March 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Just received my partners report and it’s contradictory to say the least. The points rewarded in no way reflect what’s been written and I’m so disappointed!!! I know I can’t do anything until we receive the decision letter, but the waiting is so annoying, and then I will probably have to do a MR, which will prolong everything even more. It’s just so devastating.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

Sorry to hear the report isnt what you expected does it indicate there would be an award based in recommended points ? 
    You can start to put together details for the mr to prepare in case you want to appeal 

Let us know how you get on 
  • Charlieniblett
    Yes, but only standard living and no mobility, my partner can barely walk around the house with 2 sticks and we told the assessor that. 
  • janer1967
    Unfortunately if he can walk with aids it could be the reason why ? Can he walk outside at all . 
  • Charlieniblett
    Only to the car which is less than 20 meters and he has to stop twice to catch his breath. Sometimes he’s in a wheelchair if his knee is painful so not always
  • janer1967
    Ok what does he do when you get to the destination in the car 

All you can do is put all this in the mr . Give 2 real examples of when he last tried to do the task 
  • Charlieniblett
    He stays in the car!!! I will have to see what the actual decision is, you never know, the DM might be on the ball and see the contradictions 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Don't want to sound harsh but you have to be careful using the word 'sometimes'.  PIP are only interested if it happens for more than 50% of days, so it sounds like using the chair may not be relevant here.

It does sound like he should get some mobility at least though.  Will be interesting to hear why it was totally refused if you can prove he can't walk more than the ~20m or so the car. 
  • Charlieniblett
    Quick question, if I do the MR, will the standard daily already awarded (according to the report) still get paid in the mean time?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    Quick question, if I do the MR, will the standard daily already awarded (according to the report) still get paid in the mean time?
    Yes. An existing award stands until/unless a new decision is made (or the award reaches the end date).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Charlieniblett
    Great, thanks for your replies?
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    I know it’s hard but having received the report and now knowing what the award may should be you have time to gather extra information, evidence ready to start your MR once you have received the official award notification letter.
  • Charlieniblett
    Hi Wilko,
    ive already started my MR letter, I’m going through each question I disagree with and giving my own examples to which descriptor is the correct one and supporting evidence for each question.
    Hopefully that is the right way to go about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.