Advice/Experiences of Intensive Personal Employment Support to Work & Health Programme — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice/Experiences of Intensive Personal Employment Support to Work & Health Programme

Ettie
Ettie Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited March 2021 in Work and employment
Ello! I hope you're all tickety boo or as tickety boo as you can be.
I'm sparkly new to the forum and I was after some advice.

I've been disabled for quite a while and had an adapted salon at home. After each lockdown, going back to work really took its toll and made it plainly obvious that it was killing me (bit dramatic but that's how it felt). So with lockdown 3, i downed tools end of Dec. January, my health took a turn for the worse.
Its taken a lot of thought & with Doctors advice, I've come to the conclusion that there is no way I can safely return to my salon. 
So......(tell I'm a hairdresser.....I waffle on)
I am on ESA as shielding and limited capability/work related activity.

I had a virtual meeting with a DWP work coach.
I'm keen to retrain and work part time. Mentality I need it.
They spoke about DWP Intensive Personalised Employment Support & Work & Health Programme.
Do any of you lovely lot have any experience of these? if so, which did you do & were they beneficial?

The work coach recommended The Intensive Personalised Employment Support.
BUT I would lose my next SEISS payment as would have to stop  being self-employed to access it.
I'm not trying to have my cake and eat it. Just SEISS is paid retrospectively and I wasn't unemployed then, plus I need to cover business costs that occurred even when not physically working. 

I think Work & Health Programme you can go on it when not on benefits & in recent of SEISS.....i think.

I was just wondering if the Intensive Personalised Employment Support was worth losing my SEISS for?

Any help and advice or even an Ello would be gratefully received.
Thank you for reading this far!
Ettie

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,762 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ettie welcome to the forum I'm not 1 to advise you but someone will come along soon who knows more on the subject. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi scope do a very good job support they help you find a job and help with  doing a cv and send you short courses to do I am on job support and I find it helpful 
  • Ettie
    Hi scope do a very good job support they help you find a job and help with  doing a cv and send you short courses to do I am on job support and I find it helpful 
    Thank you for your responses. 
    Yes, I'm start on scopes course next week. Looking forward to it.
    X
  • Ettie
    Unfortunately,  I have no option to stay on benefits until I can find a job & I'll accept any help given. Which was why I asked about the difference between the two dwp courses . 
    Scope recommend I ask the question here.  
    I feel very worried that changing career mid pandemic won't be my smartest move. 

Thank you for your responses. 
    I'm very grateful.  X
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I am doing the same trying to do a completely different job but scope job support has been very good x

Brightness