Hi, my name is jon and I'm Harvey's dad — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is jon and I'm Harvey's dad

Options
jonnospace
jonnospace Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Glad to meet you all. I am Harvey's dad and also work in IT.
Harvey has level 5 CP and I wrote an App for him called Pic-n-clic to keep him entertained over lockdown. Its on the apple and google stores if you fancy a go.... and absolutely free and no ads.
I'll give a bit more detail if anyone is interested...
All the best.
Jon.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

Thanks for sharing that with us I'm sure it will be of interest to members 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jonnospace - & welcome to the community. We have a lot of parents who have children or young people with CP. What sort of age group is your App targeted for? It's very nice to meet you too, Harvey's Dad. :)
  • jonnospace
    jonnospace Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi Chiarieds. The app is for very young, upwards. Pic-n-clic is a simple app where parents and carers can create lists of photos on a tablet or phone and record a personal message with each. Harvey will touch the screen to display a photo and play the message. When he touches the screen again moves on to the next photo and message in the list. Very simple idea, but ideal for Harvey who has extremely limited motor skills but enjoys touching a screen to get a personalised response.
    Thanks for the interest. Just a bit of fun for children and adults like Harv who have severe complex needs, but with a bit of help can be rewarded by doing something as simple as touching a screen.
    All the best.
    Jon

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes @jonnospace - that seems like something that would help an awful lot of people; an excellent idea. It would likely work for some on the autistic spectrum too. Thank you for sharing further info on your invention, Jon. :)

Brightness