Hi, my name is TRACEY99! I'm in housing with no flooring. Is there any help I can get? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is TRACEY99! I'm in housing with no flooring. Is there any help I can get?

TRACEY99
TRACEY99 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I have a learning disability and health problem I have just been moved to a bungalow with no flooring I was wondering if I can get help plz I am on low income benefits 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

You can sometimes get loan through benefits but has t be paid back 

You can 9often find cheap off cuts at carpet stores or on selling sites 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @TRACEY99 - & welcome to this friendly community. Another idea is to try some sites where people simply give things away such as Freecycle & Freegle, tho it might be difficult until restrictions due to Covid-19 ease. There's some info here: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/freecycle/
    I hope you manage to get some flooring, especially for your living area, but I know when I've moved house, that I was able to manage with just a bedside rug for a while in bedrooms. Please let us know how you get on, & hopefully others will have some ideas too. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi again 

When I moved I was the same I know it looked awful but I opened up my moving boxes and laid them out just to give bit of warmth 

Then did the flooring room by room as I could afford it 

@chiarieds nice to see you 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @janer1967 - thank you; nice to see you too! :)
    I was without proper flooring for nearly 18 months, but got there in the end, as I'm sure Tracey will. :)

Brightness