Do you now have 3 months to fill out the "How your disability affects you form"? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do you now have 3 months to fill out the "How your disability affects you form"?

Options
PIPnewbie
PIPnewbie Community member Posts: 298 Pioneering
My partner received her form to reapply as her tribunal award ends in June so she's getting it in early. It came a week and half after she called, so she only has 2 and half weeks to get it filled, gather evidence, etc.

So she phoned to ask if she could have a week longer, but the recorded voice info on the phone said due to COVID-19 the usual 1 month to fill out the form has been extended to 3. 

Has she missed anything or is this correct? On her PIP form it still says to return it on such date which is exactly a month after she called.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

I'm sorry I'm not aware of this hope others can help

But if it was in the recorded message it should be correct 

They are ni doubt trying to reduce calls from people asking for an extension 

You could always full in the form and send off then send evidence later if she us struggling to get it 

Just remember to write ni number and name of any extra documents 
  • PIPnewbie
    Options
    @janer1967 thank you for the reply. She just called up and recorded it again, and having listened to the recording, it is without doubt saying you now have 3 months. This is exactly what was said:

"If we have sent you a 'How your disability affects you' form, or an 'Award review - how your disability affects you' form, we need the information in this form so we can make a decision. We have extended the time you have to return this form. You now have 3 months from the date we sent it to you, which is the date at the top of the covering letter, but please send it to us sooner if you can."
  • janer1967
    Options
    Thanks for sharing thus will be useful for other members queries 
  • PIPnewbie
    Options
    @janer1967 no problem. I have kept the recording in case they say she sent it in too late.
  • janer1967
    Options
  • PIPnewbie
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.