Billy Monger Challenge — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Billy Monger Challenge

Options
janer1967
janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
Did anyone watch this last night

Billy is a double amputee he lost his legs after an horrific f4 racing accident in 2017

The programme was about his triathlon challenge for red nose . He did 140 miles walking , cycling and kayaking in 3 days 

Truly inspirational young man has also fought his way back to be able to drive formula racing cars .

He can never realise his dreams to get to f1 as the rules wont allow him to drive at this level but has been licensed to race at lower levels in a race car adapted for him 

He is a presenter for f1 in ch4

He is an amazing young man and the programme highlighted his determination to carry on to the end even through pain and exhaustion 

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I did not catch this @janer1967 but it sounds like a super story, very inspirational. I'll have to find it and give it a watch. Thanks for sharing
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Ross_Scope it was on bbc1 last night so may be on catch up 

He also did a documentary on his accident and recovery and fight together back in car .

I cant remember what it was called bit as an amputee myself and f1 fan was a good watch 

It highlighted how it isnt easy to learn to adjust and walk on prosthetics even for a fit young man 
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Options
    I have just watched the challenge. I think he needs his head examining for putting himself through it all, but he is amazing!! I also saw the documentary about the accident.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I saw it on the iplayer it was fantastic just because you have a disability doesn't mean you have to give up if you want something bad enough you will do it snd he has my upmost  respect 

He put himself as himself first not his disability 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,578 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Very impressive achievement to do what you want to do despite it seeming impossible

Brightness