LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA

Options
millysho
millysho Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi, 

I started claiming UC on the 22nd Feb 2020 and was handing in sick notes from the first day of my claim. I filled in the assessment booklet and didn’t have my actual assessment for LCWRA until January 2021! I got my decision last Saturday (the 13th) and was told I was put in the LCWRA group. The letter said I should hear within 7 days what I’m owed and how much I should be getting but I haven’t heard anything since? My question is will this money get backdated and how long I should be expected to know how much I’ll be getting? I’m a little worried as it’s been 7 days and I haven’t heard anything and considering my claim has took so long already I’m worried I’ll be waiting months again! Should I contact them on my journal or just wait? 

Thank you 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Should be backdated to your fourth UC payment (in June?). They need to recalculate every month of your claim to work out what they owe you so can take a while. You can certainly put a note in (in the payments section) chasing it.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • millysho
    millysho Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    calcotti said:
    Should be backdated to your fourth UC payment (in June?). They need to recalculate every month of your claim to work out what they owe you so can take a while. You can certainly put a note in (in the payments section) chasing it.
    Thank you for replying. Is the LCWRA a standard amount every month or is it different for everyone? I’ll pop a note on and see what they say! 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    millysho said: Is the LCWRA a standard amount every month or is it different for everyone? 
    £341.92/month at the moment.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.