Hello - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello

2»

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @cath2506

Welcome to the community, glad you've joined us :) 

Have you discussed with your employer if there are any reasonable adjustments they could put in place to help you do your current job? Just curious, in case you do still want to continue with it :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • cath2506
    cath2506 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    @janer1967 I’m so sorry to hear that. Sepsis is nasty. It sounds like we are both lucky to be here ? I hope you have adapted and are coping well since your amputation x
  • cath2506
    @Ross_Scope Hello and Thank you for the welcome ? I have been thinking of what reasonable adjustments can be made but I teach. I’ve been working from home for the past 6 weeks and have even found this to be too difficult, so I’m not sure really what they can do for me. Some days I’m unable to get out of bed or can barely move, so whatever job I’d be in I think I would feel the same. It’s taken me a very long time to accept but I can’t see that reasonable adjustments would be enough unfortunately. I’ve already cut my hours from full time down to two days a week.

Thank you for the suggestion though, I appreciate it and your help ? 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @cath2506 thank you for your reply yes sepsis is a killer and agree we are lucky to be here 

I have adapted now took a long time to come to terms with and adapt but I have now accepted ur and just get on with life be it a different one 
  • cath2506
    @janer1967 I can imagine it took a long time to come to terms with. I still get ‘wow’ moments myself. Glad to hear you’ve now accepted it. We’ve just got to do what we can and make the most of it haven't we. Take care x

Brightness