PiP Decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PiP Decision

erob12
erob12 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
Hi all, 

I applied for pip on 5th January and I had my assessment on Monday just gone, I have received the message saying they have my written report, can anyone give me an idea on roughly how long it’ll take for a decision, I had my appointment with IAS/ATOS, and I’m based in South Yorkshire does anyone have any idea, I’m just really nervous about it all. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi as above they say 8 weeks but that is just a guide 

You can ring and request a copy of your report which will show recommended points it isnt final decision tho 
  • Queenofdisabilities
    Queenofdisabilities Community member Posts: 91 Connected
    Its meant to be 8-12 weeks I sent a change of circumstances in in September still waiting for a decision.
  • laurapeach
    laurapeach Community member, Scope Member Posts: 114 Pioneering
    I was told 8-12 weeks but had a decision in 2 weeks, but that was June/July last year when things were moving slightly quicker with decision.
    Mum of one little girl.

I am AuDHD and I have M.E/CFS and POTS.
  • firsttimepipper
    firsttimepipper Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    Hi , I ha e seen another of comments saying that you should get an indication of points awarded, I have just received my report but can't see anything with regards to any points  can anyone advise? Thank you
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @firsttimepipper - & welcome to the community. Have a look at the following which shows the points that may be awarded. Then look towards the end of your assessor's report. You will see the same activities/descriptors with a black dot against each one; compare these to this: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/Migrated_Documents/adviceguide/pip-9-table-of-activities-descriptors-and-points.pdf
    This will give you an idea, as you then add up the points for each component (daily living & mobility). The DWP decision maker usually goes with the assessor's report, but you will still have to wait for your actual decision letter. Please say if you have any further questions. :)
  • firsttimepipper
    @chiarieds thanks so much for getting back to me , so it looks like I've been given 13 points for daily living and 10 points for mobility with a 1 year review,  if the dm goes off the report do you know roughly what would I be looking at? Thank you.
  • chiarieds
    Hi @firsttimepipper - if the decision maker goes with your report, you would be looking at the enhanced rate for daily living, & standard rate for mobility as 8 points or more is standard, whilst 12 points or more is enhanced.
    So for the daily living part, currently you would get £89.15, & mobility part £62.25. These amounts are per week, but you get paid every 4 weeks.
  • firsttimepipper
    @chiarieds, thank you that is very helpful, last question I promise... I know there are back logs and they are currently saying 8 weeks but does any one have any experience in how long its actually taking , like I've seen a few people saying they have heard back in 2 weeks!! Anyone have any rough ideas in how long theirs has taken to get a decision,  thanks
  • chiarieds
    There is much variation....some are told 8-12 weeks, but, as you say, some have heard back much more quickly....hope that's you :)
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    I’m not to far from that area my assessment was with the same people and I remember getting my bank pay before my letter and my report my report came like a week after my letter and my back pay came pretty quickly I didn’t know it was it there until I called them . I think from them recieving my report my back pay had gone in like 10 days after I know it was under two weeks from the dwp getting the report back from them . 
  • erob12
    erob12 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    cupcake88 said:
    I’m not to far from that area my assessment was with the same people and I remember getting my bank pay before my letter and my report my report came like a week after my letter and my back pay came pretty quickly I didn’t know it was it there until I called them . I think from them recieving my report my back pay had gone in like 10 days after I know it was under two weeks from the dwp getting the report back from them . 
    Thanks for that. I had my assessment on the Monday and they got my text saying they had got my report on the Wednesday, so I am hoping it isn't too long, I've already asked for my report so hoping I get that soon so I can see what they have said and see if I have been misquoted on anything. 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    chiarieds said:
    Hi @firsttimepipper - if the decision maker goes with your report, you would be looking at the enhanced rate for daily living, & standard rate for mobility as 8 points or more is standard, whilst 12 points or more is enhanced.
    So for the daily living part, currently you would get £89.15, & mobility part £62.25. These amounts are per week, but you get paid every 4 weeks.
    Sure it's a typo but that's not correct, standard rate mobility is £23.60 (£62.25 is the enhanced rate).
    Slight increases from April.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • chiarieds
    Sorry, yes I was looking at the wrong rate for the mobility component., it is indeed £23.60.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.