First day of Spring — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

First day of Spring

Dragonslayer
Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
Today is the spring equinox and the day is bright and sunny. It is here anyway. It lifts the heart and spirit and thoughts of going outside look more and more accessible. Surely this will be a better year for all.
What plans, if any do you have.  

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm hoping this spring is as good weather wise as last which was the best I can remember, and that pandemic wise we can see the light at the end of the tunnel which isn't just another train coming towards us.
    Onwards and upwards !
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    This year I need to buy a bigger shed I really must.
    aoart from that I haven’t made any plans everything is still up in the air as far as I can see despite mr Johnson’s road map, we will still have to wait and see what actually happens. Hopefully though little by little we will regain some freedom soon.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• woodbine
    @leeCal we got a bigger shed last year, over twice as big as the old one, and guess what? the new one is already full

• leeCal
    That’s exactly what they say isn’t it, belongings expand to meet space available, something like that. ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    It's cold and grey here today, doesn't feel much like spring!  Yesterday was blue skies & sun though...

Only another week until the clocks change then we'll be able to have dinner and wash up before it gets dark!
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    You beat me to this, I was going to create a thread about spring :) 

What are people's favourite things about the season?

I hope that towards the end of spring we will be able to go outside and enjoy some warmer weather with loved ones.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • leeCal
    edited March 2021
    My favourite thing about the spring is seeing those daffodils pop up after all the bare branches and such it’s great to see the new colourful growth.  ? ? 

(though I’m fond of cool weather tbh)

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    We have had lovely weather in wales this week been to the beach most days off to mumbles today ?
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,788 Disability Gamechanger
    It's grey and dull here., as we are sitting under cloud which is going to last a few days. I'm looking forward to being able to sit out side in warmer weather. Planting lots of flowers. 
  • Welshjayne2021
    Welshjayne2021 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
    Spring for me is like a new beginning. Time to have a clear out both physically and mentally. Looking forward to warmer, lighter days and wearing summer clothes.  Now that Covid restrictions are starting to be lifted, carefully, of course. I hope we will all start to feel alive again.
  • woodbine
    Daffodils my favourite thing about spring

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    @Dragonslayer plans for the year include finally getting the holiday that was cancelled last year. Hopefully find a job before I am made redundant, probably mid June. Good news is once they class me as being  at risk of losing my employment if I find another job they have said they will still pay the redundancy. 

Currently learning Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) on Excel.

Getting used to going out again. Last week we passed the first anniversary of being sent to work from home and have spent most of that time indoors. So I was surprised difficult I found it being outside when I had to get my jab done. Went to do a little shopping this morning and was out for two hours. Got home my heart was thumping, had a tension headache and was sweating like a pig. But at least I did it. I don't want this to spoil my holiday, first week in June, so plan to get out of the house more, while following the guidelines of course.

How about you? Any plans?

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    My plans at the moment are to first get over my illness, which is sadly a slow business, including many hospital visits, that will with luck go well. Then I can get outside and enjoy the new light nights and hopefully bright days and at last my new paved garden that I had done finally last year. I am also looking forward to driving my car more often. Bought it new July 2019. Because of Covid and health issues it has only done around 4000miles.
    My wife has booked us holidays in Cornwall and Scotland this summer so there are lots for me to look forward to.  

Brightness