Hi, my name is polarbearmike! What is payability? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is polarbearmike! What is payability?

polarbearmike
polarbearmike Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited March 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have just received notification from the Court, following a P.I.P appeal tribunal hearing, that My P.I.P claim has been granted.
I have had a phone call from P.I.P to say they are putting a letter in the Post to Me, about Payability.
What does that mean please ?
Someone suggested I have to tell Them I`m not in Prison, or Hospital, or something ?
If that is all, why didn`t They just ask Me when They Phoned ?
Very stressful Time, especially as I have been waiting since April last Year for this to be sorted, & My payments to be reinstated.
Tagged:

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,788 Disability Gamechanger
    @polarbearmike hi ya and welcome to the forum,  looks like you won your award and will get payments. Some good news for you.
  • polarbearmike
    That`s what I thought too.
    Until I was told about a letter in Post to Me about Payability, which has only achieved severe anxiety attacks, as I don`t know what that is &/or means ?

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,788 Disability Gamechanger
    It might be pay dates and the amount @polarbearmike
  • polarbearmike
    No.
    I asked if they had all the information & She said yes, this was NOT about that.
    She said She would not discuss it & would put a letter in Post about PAYABILITY.
    Does ANYONE know what this is please ?
    I am very worried & anxious AGAIN !

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

I am sure it will just be details of your payments the amounts and even they will be 

You may even find you get a payment before you even get the letter which does happen in some cases 

They do call or write yo check bank details and hospital and prisinnudyally before payment is made so it could also be this 

They wouldn't have asked when you called asvthid wouldn't gave been the correct person to ask those questions 

Relax you have won so the stress is over they do have time to request a statement of reasons the same as you so payment doesnt always happen until this period has lapsed 

They dont very often ask for it though 
  • polarbearmike
    It is NOT about payments, amounts, or Dates, as I have already said.
    Please, if ANYBODY knows what this PAYABILITY letter is, then tell Me.
    I do NOT want guesses &/or maybe`s!
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    You did not state you knew the pay dates and amounts in your post 

We are all only trying to help 

But as we are not the DWP we can only guess 

It isnt necessary to shout at people here trying to help by using capitals 

Hope you find the answer 

I will make no further comments as you obviously dont appreciate any HELP or time people put into replying 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @polarbearmike

Welcome to the community, glad you've joined us. Congratulations on winning your award, that's fantastic news. 

Payability is a term I have to admit I haven't seen mentioned in relation to PIP letters before, however I assume they must be a fairly common thing. 

As mentioned previously, we can only guess as to the meaning of the letter but given the word used to describe the letter (payability) I would guess that it is something to do with your payments. I doubt it will be anything to worry about, given you have already won your award, 

Users on the community are here to help you and we all have your best interests at heart, and while I accept that this is a stressful time for you and you've waited a long time for this, using capital letters while addressing other members may be interpreted by some as being dismissive of their help and advice. Words on an online forum can be hard to interpret, so please ensure you remain respectful at all times and speak to others with the right tone.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    Thank you @Username_removed :) 

I hope the responses on this thread, and in particular the one above, have been helpful for you @polarbearmike :) 

Again, welcome to the community and congratulations on winning the award.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.