Received phone assessment report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Received phone assessment report

bek
bek Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited March 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I received my report and it say that I can do everything's when I can't I need promoting to do thing  so suffer from anxiety depression awaiting to get cormfim I have ptsd and also I suffer with a learning difficulties does this mean that this is the decision the decision makers are going to make with the report the herald proffesinal has Said but she write everything I said in description why I couldn't cook and everything else what does this mean as am struggling to understand the woman on the phone when I rang up for the report said don't think that that I said your decision because the decision makers have got to make it help please 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    The report is sent to the DWP. A Decision Maker at DWP then makes a decision on what level of PIP to award you (if any). When you get the decision letter you can request a Mandatory Reconsideration of the decision, if you disagree with it. From what you have written it seems likely that you need assistance. Look for an advice agency https://advicelocal.uk/
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • bek
    I haven't had decsion yet just the written report but I said I need promoting to do things and the lady has said I Can do it but put in the description why I told her that I couldn't so what will happen will I pass or not because of the Nurse saying that I can when's I can't I need promoting and to do but she didn't write that on the report but she said that I could 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    On the copy of the report you have it should have black dots against each descriptor you then add them up and see how many points you score in the care and in the mobility, that will give you an idea of the proposed award but it's not final until you get the letter from the DWP.
    descriptors
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Documents/Advice (public)/PIP – table of activities, descriptors and points.pdf
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• bek
    We're will they be on the form 
  • kes2611
    kes2611 Community member Posts: 124 Courageous
    What r these black dots u mention.My report had ticks in the boxes n i saw no dots
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    It’s either ticks or dots. 
  • bek
    Mine had ticks on ticks on and said I i could do everything but in the description she put everything's I said so will there be any luck 
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @bek :smile:

Sorry to hear about your current difficulties. As you can see from the replies that you have already had to your first post, we're all here to help where we can!

Please do just give us a shout if you have any more questions about your assessment report.

@Caz_Scope

Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • bek
    hi I was awarded standard rate I set up my claim from 3rd November and then I rang up they said a descion has been made on the 1st of April am just wondering if anyone can help when's will I get my backdated payment and how've much would it be from the date I said please thankyou
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    As she mentioned there, as you haven't said whether you were awarded the standard rate for the daily living component, or the mobility component (or both) we can't say how much back payment you would get. Just let us know & we can try & help. :)

• bek
    It was for the daily living part  am not sure if I got the  mobility part 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    @bek assuming it's a new claim it will be back dated to when you applied so x number of weeks x £59.70 so approx £1200
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• bek
    But but am not sure if i was award mobility part aswell 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    If you have a look at your decision letter, it will say 'I have awarded you x points for daily living', & also say either the same for the mobility part, or say something along the lines of, 'I have decided that I cannot award you the mobility component.' If you have been awarded fewer than 8 points for the mobility part, then you haven't been awarded this, just the daily living part.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.