Covid vaccine — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Covid vaccine

megs2019
megs2019 Community member Posts: 40 Connected
edited March 2021 in Coffee lounge
Hi has anybody had their first  covid 19 vaccine yet I had mine done on Sunday 14th March 2021 on Mother’s Day and my second one is may 29th 2021 and when is your second vaccine if you’ve had your first one done I want to know if anybody else has had theirs yet. 
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Had my first 12th feb dont know yet when 2and will be 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    not had mine yet, I will probably be one of the last adults called for it to be honest. Not expecting my turn to be until June.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    Had Both. first January 21st. Second March 13th. Maybe  I'm lucky
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Had my first 12th March second is booked for 23/05 apart from a slightly sore arm no problems, would encourage everybody to get there's
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    I had my first dose 23rd January, second dose is 18th April
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Swatteam
    Swatteam Community member Posts: 175 Pioneering
    I had my 1st jab 26th Feb  next one is 15th of May 
  • NotReally
    NotReally Community member Posts: 59 Pioneering
    edited April 2021
    Note from moderator: this post may contain unverified claims regarding side-effects of COVID-19 vaccines. You can find recognised side-effects of the AstraZeneca and Pfizer vaccines on the respective gov.uk pages linked.
    Had my first ... uh ... 2-ish weeks ago.  So, not expecting second until ... uhm ... now plus 10 weeks?

I've not blue screened yet, so looks like I didn't get one with a chip in it.  :p
  • woodbine
    edited March 2021
    deleted

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    One of the unfortunately perceived, often with social media misconceptions, is a that the Covid-19 vaccines, whether Pfizer or Astra Zeneca vaccines contain a chip. No, they don't. They help protect a person against having serious complications of Covid-19. Please check our government's website & the world's scientific evidence to check this out, & also to debunk this.
  • woodbine
    edited March 2021
    @chiarieds I really didn't think there were still people daft enough to believe any of those "stories" about the vaccine.

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hmmm  yes, I was speaking to my Tesco delivery person tonight, & asked him to stand back a bit, which all other delivery drivers have done. Then the conversation about Covid-19 ensued, & he had put off the opportunity of having the vaccine recently, as he was unsure 'because of all you read'....   I did say it depends on where you read; tried to explain & to believe reputed sources, our scientists, & the WHO...don't know I convinced him tho.
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Had mine 18th March. Got my second one 6th June
  • NotReally
    chiarieds said:
    One of the unfortunately perceived, often with social media misconceptions, is a that the Covid-19 vaccines, whether Pfizer or Astra Zeneca vaccines contain a chip. No, they don't. They help protect a person against having serious complications of Covid-19. Please check our government's website & the world's scientific evidence to check this out, & also to debunk this.

I hope my comment about the chip thing came across as intended: poking fun at the ridiculousness of it.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @NotReally

Thanks for clarifying that your comment was meant in jest :)  Unfortunately, sometimes words on a screen don't convey the humour intended so I've added a little guidance note to your post to direct people to official sources of information.  This is to mitigate any chance of people taking the comment seriously and being unnecessarily alarmed. 

I'm waiting to speak with my midwife about receiving the vaccine but hope it won't be too far in the distance. 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I dont know why people think anything about corona virus is funny even though what was said was in jest
  • NotReally
    I dont know why people think anything about corona virus is funny even though what was said was in jest

It's not about covid ... it's about the ridiculous and dangerous **** people have come out with about the vaccine.  One way to deal with this stuff is to use humour to show why this stuff is ridiculous[1].  Also, I've had to deal with so much stress, abuse ... and just sheer insanity in my life that gallows humour is almost knee-jerk at this point.  I have learnt that I shouldn't judge how people deal with the things that they're facing because I've no real idea what's going on for them ... if, like, listening to Meatloaf[2] helps someone get through, then more power to them. 

[1]  Microsoft tracking chips in vaccines?  I mean, honestly, have these people ever even actually used Windows?!?
    [2]  I quite like Meatloaf.
  • Cher_Alumni
    @lisathomas50 I understand this is a sensitive topic for you and understandably so given you have been closely affected by covid  :(  However I'm sure there was no ill-intent behind the jokes made.  We each have our own means of coping and sometimes, as is the case with @NotReally, dark humour is the preferred option for getting through life's hard times... and I think we can all agree this last year has been something else.  Here's looking forward to better times ahead.  

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @Cher_Scope I think that post was posted before I did what did so I apologise I understand that people cope with things differently maybe my comment shouldn't of been allowed sorry 
  • Cher_Alumni
    @lisathomas50 No need to apologise, everyone's allowed to express their feelings so please don't worry.  

Brightness