Does anyone know if they will let me keep the car for a couple of months while i get another one? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does anyone know if they will let me keep the car for a couple of months while i get another one?

huh
huh Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited March 2021 in Transport and travel
I have to give back my motability car as upon renewal no longer getting higher rate mobility.  Does anyone know if they will let me keep the car for a couple of months while i get another one?  Thanks

huh
Oh its not upon assessmet for PIP
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

I'm not too sure I think they will give you a collection date with a bit of notice 

Best way to find out is to give them a call 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,613 Disability Gamechanger
    You'll usually get 8 weeks from the last payment in order to find another vehicle.  
  • littleacorn
    littleacorn Community member Posts: 368 Pioneering
    Speak to motability. I spoke to them on Friday about another issue and was very nervous doing so but found them really helpful. i would not hesitate in contacting them again
  • huh
    huh Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    I did contact them.  As overlyanxious wrote you get 8 weeks from when DWP stops paying but because of the lockdowns the 8 week clock wont start until the lock down is eased/lifted. They will decide when that is and they will not require any payment for this period.  I was also told the good condition payment would be £1k.  

Brightness