How long for pip- mines taking ages! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long for pip- mines taking ages!

ellamae
ellamae Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello,
im new to this page and suffer from bad mental health problems. I originally applied for pip 25 weeks ago and they received my papers 14 weeks ago. I keep ringing up but they just tell me it’s with a health assessor now. I was told that it was noted down that I didn’t need an assessment but I’m just wondering what other people’s experiences where etc? Living is non existent as I cant work and am living off of £0! Thank you.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome

Ift seems the delays are either the assessment providers presently but you say they gave said you dont need assessment 

Everyone has an assessment but some are paper based so this could be what is happening 

You say you have zero money have you looked into any other benefits you could be entitled to . You could use a benefits calculator if you are unsure 
  • ellamae
    Hello, 
    thank you for your reply. I already claim universal credit but it only pays half my rent. I’m also currently in the the process of claiming LCFW. 
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 542 Pioneering
    Hi.
    Could someone explain why some assessments are paper based please. Is it to do with certain disabilities, or evidence you may have sent in? Are they sometimes given even if you’re new to claiming? Thankyou.
  • ellamae
    Hello, it’s if you have sent enough evidence in / meet the criteria without having a face to face assessment. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Leigh14

You can have paper based fir first claim they do them if they have enough evidence that doesnt need any further info.  Also in some cases where assessment usnt possible any other way due to the disability and sometimes with supporting gp letter stating a f2f or phone assessment would cause significant adverse effects to claimant 
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 542 Pioneering

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.