Hate the pain im in, with one leg shorter than the other — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hate the pain im in, with one leg shorter than the other

Gothskull
Gothskull Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Im sitting here feeling a bit down. I have one leg shorter than the other due to an accident when i was a baby. during my 20s i didnt really feel the pain but now im 44 im in pain pretty much everyday and night. The pain in my neck and back is really getting me down. My doctor is rubbish and doesnt understand. Does anyone out there understand what i mean? just feeling very alone at the moment.

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,765 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Gothskull sorry your in so much pain, it's not nice to have constant pain and it's hard when a Dr doesn't understand, my Dr after trying lots of different tablets told me, well it's going to happen and left it, so I know where your coming from.
  • Gothskull
    Gothskull Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Thank you, its just so difficult to get a good doctor that understands. Hardly slept last night.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,765 Disability Gamechanger
    @Gothskull if you can try a nap n the day to catch up. Try a different Dr at the practice if there are others there. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Gothskull - & welcome to this friendly & supportive community. Chronic pain is an awful thing to deal with; I'm in pain the moment I'm upright, but at least it settles after I've laid down for a while. Is there another Dr in the practice you could try, as Sandy has mentioned? Perhaps another would be sympathetic & listen to you. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Answered on your other post 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'd echo what the others have said in trying to speak to a different doctor @Gothskull. You deserve to feel understood and taken seriously.

Is there anything you've done in the past that has relieved the pain, even if only for a short while?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Audinut70
    Audinut70 Community member Posts: 133 Pioneering
    Hi, my ex partner suffered with the same problem, her right leg was shorter and she had a club foot frombirth. About 12 years ago she went through a then pioneering leg lengthening operation, and bones moved About in her ankle. Her pain was mostly in her hips and back. The consultant messed her ankle operation up, taking the frame off too early and at the wrong angle. A consultant at the freeman hospital corrected her ankle with metal joints, which resolved her pain. This took 11 years in total though .
  • amro
    amro Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    Hi gothskull 
    nice to meet you. I do understand how you feeling exactly because I am 24/7 in pain . I now how you feel when you want to sleep and you can’t because of pain and how is your day look like . Do you take any control drogues for the pain . I am taking OxyContin is very good for pain and amitriptyline 25mg help for pain and sleep. To be lonely makes things worse.

Brightness