Limited capacity to work — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Limited capacity to work

millysho
millysho Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited March 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi, 

I posted the other day about the outcome of my limited capacity to work assessment, I was put in the LCWRA group. I first started claiming UC on the 22nd Feb 2020 and was handing in sick notes right from the start of my claim. I filled in the limited capacity booklet in March 2020 but didn’t have my telephone assessment until the 27th January 2021. I got my outcome letter on my journal last Saturday (the 13th) I have just checked my payments and I am now getting UC and the LCWRA element in my pay but I haven’t been told anything about the money that may be getting backdated to me. Does this mean I’m not owed anything or does it normally just take longer to figure that bit out? It said on the letter I’d know within 7 days but I haven’t heard anything. 

Thank you 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

It does take longer to work out back pay 

Keep checking your payment statements once they calculate the back pay your statements from previous months will update to show the LCWRA addition 
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Hi @millysho :)

Just wanted to say hi and welcome you to the community!

Hopefully, @janer1967's response has helped to answer your question? Do keep us posted though on how you get on with your backdated payments, and let us know if you need any further help finding your way around the community.

@Caz_Scope
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • millysho
    Caz_Scope said:
    Hi @millysho :)

Just wanted to say hi and welcome you to the community!

Hopefully, @janer1967's response has helped to answer your question? Do keep us posted though on how you get on with your backdated payments, and let us know if you need any further help finding your way around the community.

@Caz_Scope
    @Caz_Scope hey! Thank you. 

She helped answer my question! I will do, just hope it doesn’t take too long, feels like they make you wait forever for everything! 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @millysho. It can sometimes be worth giving them a nudge by asking about it. If you've handed in fit notes that whole time without any gaps, you should be entitled to it backdated to 3 full assessment periods after your first fit note. 
    Fingers crossed you hear something soon. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • millysho
    Hi @millysho. It can sometimes be worth giving them a nudge by asking about it. If you've handed in fit notes that whole time without any gaps, you should be entitled to it backdated to 3 full assessment periods after your first fit note. 
    Fingers crossed you hear something soon. :)
    Hey, 

thank you for replying. I put a note on my journal but I put it to my work coach instead of under payments so I’m not sure if I’ll get a reply! 

I haven’t had any breaks in sending in the sick notes, my last one ended on Friday but I was already accepted for LCWRA by then and was told I didn’t need to send anymore in! 

Hopefully I hear soon, feels like a massive waiting game! ?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @millysho. If your commitments have now been updated to reflect your LCWRA status, you'll possibly no longer have a work coach so your messages may go unnoticed. It may be worth you putting it again under 'payments' or 'service issues'. Hope that helps!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • millysho
    Hi @millysho. If your commitments have now been updated to reflect your LCWRA status, you'll possibly no longer have a work coach so your messages may go unnoticed. It may be worth you putting it again under 'payments' or 'service issues'. Hope that helps!
    Still not reply from UC, I’ve left a message under payments and to my work coach. Maybe I’m just being impatient though! 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.