Work capicity assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Work capicity assessment

ubatomo
ubatomo Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Just had my assessement just about to finish and asked do i here voices i said sort of but its just my own thoughts so he said had to stop as off this

who can i complain to about this its just my thoughts and said would have to have a face to face or add an oppointee to my claim 

know idea why so i have to do this all over again this was bad enough for 50 mins

thanks

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

If you want to com9llain it would be to the assessment provider 

You can request a copy of the report after 7 days this is just recommendations you could then write to DWP explaining 

You could also put details on your journal 
  • ubatomo
    Ok thanks will put note on journal no idea who does these assessment also would there be a report still if the stopped assessment? 
  • janer1967
    There should be a report either way 
  • ubatomo
    ok thank you can a request this ?also as not official report  as was stopped can i appeal this report if so how do i do this ? Would they send me any letters in the post explaining why the stopped assessment as spoke to citizen advice and they mentioned i would need a letter to progress further with this

so very new to this thanks
  • janer1967
    You cant appeal a report but you can appeal a decision 

They should contact you with a decision even if it's to say they need a f2f assessment before they can make a decision 

Yes you can request a copy if your assessment report just call DWP 7 working days after assessment to request 

It may just be they put assessment was stopped and no other details 

You need to request the report then wait and see what happens 

You can then put in a mandatory reconsideration against the decision details will be in the letter 
  • ubatomo
    Thankyou i will wait on the post to arrive and 7 day wait time i have put in a complaint as was 50 minutes in to this assessment

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.