PIP with COPD — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP with COPD

Options
holly22
holly22 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi all.  I applied for PIP a few weeks ago.  I have tried searching here but can't find much in the way of people applying with COPD as their main condition. I was encouraged to apply for this benefit a few years ago but decided not to as I have not claimed any benefits in the past. My condition is severely affecting my ability to carry out simple everyday activities now and this will only get worse as time goes on. Does anyone know whether my claim has a likelihood of succeeding based on my condition and how it affects me? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

I have seen others who have been granted with copd bit it isnt about the condition but how it affects you as no 2 people are affected the same 

It isnt really possible for any of us to say if you will succeed or not as we dont know how you are affected against the descriptors 

As you gave already sent off your claim you will be contacted in due time for an assessment 

Let us know how you get on 
  • holly22
    holly22 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for your reply.  Yes I understand that we are differently affected. I feel that I should be awarded something as I am affected when considering the descriptors. I was looking to find out if others with my condition had been awarded or turned down for this and why.  It's good you say you have seen others who have been granted PIP with COPD. I know it could be a long wait and will take one step at a time.  Thanks again.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Your welcome 

I hope others can help who have copd and share with you 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.