Had Pip interview after i was told Pip was extended. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Had Pip interview after i was told Pip was extended.

Options
Johnpaul
Johnpaul Community member Posts: 2 Listener
hi,

I'm in bits.  just failed my pip interview.  the woman in the phone call disregarded pretty much everything and gave me zero points which is bad enough.

My partner was looking through mounds of paperwork when she came across a letter I'd forgotten about where they said my pip was extended til Aug 2021.

Apart from the mandatory consideration which I will ask for, should the pip interview have even taken place?  can they change their mind? will they change their decision in the light if this information ?

much thanks for any advice.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi 

Even though you had an extension they can reassess at anytime so nothing you can do about that 

All you can do is the mr now 

Did you not have the forms for you to complete before the assessment ? 
  • Johnpaul
    Johnpaul Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I did.  I just put 'no change" because there wasn't any.  I'd forgotten abiut yhe extension letter.  
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Hi @Johnpaul - & welcome to the community. I'm sorry your PIP assessment didn't go well. Altho the DWP give dates as to how long your award is for, they can actually review at any time they want, tho it's normally 6 months before an award is due to end.
    With your Mandatory Reconsideration, put this in writing. Try & give a couple of detailed examples of the difficulties you faced for each applicable activity/descriptor. Here's a list of them, & do read the notes at the end, as the concept of reliability can be very important, i.e. can you do an activity safely, to an acceptable standard, as often you'd like, or does it take you longer than someone who doesn't have your disability? 
    Please come back with any questions. :)
    Just noticed that you'd said you put 'no change' on the review form; this unfortunately will be what has let you down. You actually need to give a detailed response like what should have been done in your initial PIP claim.

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You need to treat each review as new claim and even if no change tick that box but then give examples for each task . If you get the review forms then that indicated a review and an assessment would folluw

Bit late now but you can still do the mr and follow instructions as above 

Not what you want to hear but if you got no award your payments will now stop but if you are successful with mr they will backdated from when they stopped 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,626 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A lot of people have had extensions and then been reassessed on the old due date anyway, it was actually the DWP trying to be nice and make sure PIP stayed in payment if they were too busy to get round to you.

(I know "dwp" "being nice" not words you would often see in the same sentence  :) )
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.