pip assessment tuesday now my son moving out now what do i do — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip assessment tuesday now my son moving out now what do i do

misstracey
misstracey Community member Posts: 85 Pioneering
hiya i need advise please  i have pip mobility standard  i had a change in circumstances which i have a telephone assessment on tuesday at 10.30 my son has always cared for me with my illness cooks cleans takes me to doctor  makes sure i take my meds etc .He has just told me hes moving out my illness has got worse i cannot prepare or cook a dinner i carnt even make a hot drink if he goes . my daughter comes twice a week washes my hair and changes bedding etc .What should i do tell pip hes moving out and i have no help only twice a week with my daughter as i filled in the forms saying he helped  im in a panic !!!!! many thanxs in advance 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP is about the difficulties you have and the help you need. Who provides that help and whether or not you actually get the help you need is not relevant.

Your son moving out is therefore not relevant to PIP.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,788 Disability Gamechanger
    @misstracey how are you going to manage with out your son? Have you thought about carers
  • misstracey
    Sandy_123 i dont know  my daughter comes only a few times a week i havent  took it all in i dont know where to start
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,788 Disability Gamechanger
    https://www.gov.uk/apply-needs-assessment-social-services
    Have a read of that when you have a think about it all 
  • misstracey
    Username_removed many thanxs i have had advice and it would impact points for pip thats why i notified dwp many thanxs 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @misstracey

I hope you are well. Regarding your care, have you had a needs assessment by your local authority's care team in the past? You seem obviously concerned by your son moving out.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • misstracey
    Ross_Scope no i havent had any assessment form local authority my son looked after me i was concerned about him moving out as he done everything really for me and my daughter comes twice a week .As ive got telephone interview tuesday i was in a bit of a panic as he usually is with me i know its been hard for him and i wish him well in his new home but hes 27 and has his own life he can not  be there tuesday and as working away now and daughter at work  thanxs
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, I wish your son well too @misstracey. I hope he enjoys his new home.

It might be worth contacting your local authority to explain your needs, and to see if you would be able to receive a needs assessment.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @misstracey, is it your assessment today? Remember it's more about the help you need, not about the help you actually receive, so your son planning to move out doesn't need to be a focus. You can still talk about the things he does for you at the moment and why you need that help.
    Best of luck for today - is anyone able to be with you?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • misstracey
    Adrian_Scope thankyou i had  the interview my daughter was at work my son i have not heard from the lady did not rush me she actually typed everything down what i said if i did not understand she would but it in another way for me over a hr but i felt i was heard not like last time glad its over to be honest but when i started my first ever journey with pip i was in a state you and many others have helped me along the way i have more confidence and learn me not to give up joining scope is the best thing i have ever done x
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Pleased your assessment went well @misstracey - I hope you're able to relax now. Remember, should you wish, you can ask the DWP for a copy of your assessment report in a week or so. :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I’m sorry you weren’t able to have anyone with you @misstracey but it’s great the process wasn’t as bad for you as last time and that you felt listened to. 

When did your son move out? Are you managing okay without him? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • misstracey
    Adrian_Scope my son left  with all his stuff sunday but has not been here for a few weeks i have found it really hard my daughter now comes on a mon wed and a friday to help me so i get a bit of help thanxs x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.