Pip assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment

berry123
berry123 Community member Posts: 264 Pioneering
Hi all I'm waiting my pip assessment was told could be mid February HCP contact me.  Wanted to know do you get notified only by tx first or letter.

Thank you 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

It depends if you put your mobile on the form 

Before the pandemic it used to be by letter but not sure if they do it by text now 

Hopefully others who had one recently will help 
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    I got both for my PIP assessment @berry123. I first received a text giving me the date and time then a few days later I received the letter confirming all the details. A few days before the actual assessment I received a further text to remind me then later that same afternoon a phone call. The lady on the phone call not only reminded me of the date and time but also gave me the name of the assessor who would be doing the review. Hope that helps
  • berry123
    berry123 Community member Posts: 264 Pioneering
    Thank you so much 
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    You're welcome
  • AFB18
    AFB18 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    I got a text and the day before they called me to ask if it was still ok to go ahead with assessment, my assessment was on the phone, they will ask some odd questions but don’t answer them quickly and ask them to repeat, don’t be afraid to tell them you don’t wash that often if that’s the case and don’t make any jokes, if you’re struggling make sure you tell them over and over.
    good luck 
  • lisabrazil80
    lisabrazil80 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
    I’ve got my assessment do anyone know what you need to do or how long it takes on the phone
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

The assessment time varies dependant on the person and their own details si yard to day since last 20 mins some last few hours 

Have a read through your PIP form before and have it with you as the assessment will be based on what you put on the form and questions surrounding your evidence 

Let us know how you get on 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.