Hi, my name is Polo! I have requested a MR as the decision was awful — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Polo! I have requested a MR as the decision was awful

Options
Polo
Polo Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited March 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Can anyone help my understand 
I have requested a MR as the decision was awful they scored zero points on all the pip assessments.  I provided evidence and told them about my aids and assistance from friends but Capita but there own nonsense in . It looked like it was not my assessments and copied and pasted. 
I am still waiting for MR decision it has now been 8 weeks for this decision and total 26 weeks since date of claim.
How long will they take as I was told 10 or 12 weeks and I am in my 8 week.
They have been provided with more evidence as well.
My sight is very bad cataract in one eye causing my vision to blurred,yellow cannot see and other eye I've had a cataract the lens in causing issues like spotting and yellow blurred 
vision . 
I don't understand this pip process it seems incorrect to who they give it to. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

There are long delays due to covid and backlogs so unfortunately it is a waiting game I would wait till you get to the 12 weeks you were advised and give them a call if you haven't heard 

I am vision impaired blind in one eye and cataract and other issues in other eye and registered partially sighted 

The issue maybe that cataract can be corrected with surgery and to get PIP your condition needs to be likely to last 9 months after assessment at least 

I'm not saying this is why as I dont know your prognosis but PIP is about how your condition affects you and not the diagnosis as every individual 8s different 

I do get PIP but I also am wheelchair bound as well as other conditions and vision 

Let us know how you get on and just ask if any further questions 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Polo

Welcome to the community, glad you've joined us. 

I'm sorry that you had a poor experience with the initial phase of your claim, I hope the MR goes better for you. 

Did you provide anecdotal evidence of how your sight impacts you on a daily basis? And did you relate these anecdotes to the descriptors to explain why you should get the points for them?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Polo
    Options
    Thank you for your help.
    RNIB helped me with further evidence and descriptor with an how my eye sight is effect on a daily basis.
    Just think they don't have any understanding of what a day is like for me .
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I see, I hope you found RNIB helpful @Polo, but you might find it better to seek advice from somewhere like Advice Local or CAB.

As lovely as the RNIB are, they can be quite hit and miss on some matters (speaking from experience). That's not to say you will have received bad advice, you just may receive more expertise from the places above.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Polo
    Options
    Did not get the MR it has failed.

Still so many mistakes they have not listening to .
    They are using the word suggests and ignored what I have written down plus the RNIB.
    They have said I must be blind or partially blind. 
    So I am going to Appeal .
    Please can anyone help me as I don't know what I have to do and where I get a representative from .
    I find this discrimination towards people with sight disability. 

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry your mr failed 

Cinract welfare rights and get some help with taking it to tribunal 

I would advise against the discrimination as lots of people get PIP who have sight problems so this would have no recognition 

I got points for my sight issues last review and at the time wasnt registered as partially sighted but they did have a letter from my consultant detailing I was blind in one eye and limited in other 

Fingers crossed hope you find some help 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Polo

Ah, I'm sorry to hear that, it must be really disheartening but please try not to lose hope.  You can access free independent advice to help with your appeal by visiting Advice Local.  Just enter your postcode and select 'Welfare benefits' from the drop down list, and a list of close by organisations will appear on the next webpage. 

Good luck and please keep us posted with how you get on.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.