Question I got asked today over the phone for my pip review assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Question I got asked today over the phone for my pip review assessment

bigtim7
bigtim7 Community member Posts: 5 Connected
Today I had my review assessment and found the questions a bit strange.

One question they asked me is WHO DOES THE SCHOOL RUN 

Second question asked me if I ever felt suicidal 

And they tryed to keep asking me what medication I am on and how much do I take even thou I told them its my wife who helps me with my medication 

Am just wondering why I got asked these questions as I never got asked them in my first face to face interview few years ago 

Thanks 
Bigtim7

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

The school run will be to do with mobility another way of asking about going out 

Questions about medication are not unusual at all and the suicidal one relating to your mental health 

Non of these are unusual in an assessment 

Good luck and let us know the outcome 

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @bigtim7 Good luck with the outcome and please don't be alarmed by these questions.  They might have initially sounded odd but the assessor was trying to establish how your impairments impacted your daily living, which is routine practice.  If you could let us know how it goes that would be great :) 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • bigtim7
    Hi thanks for your replys to my question.never had any problems with mobility.its more the limited movement I have from my arm and how it affects me doing things.can someone tell me how much points you need to get to qualify.as my last pip f2f assessment was over 2yrs ago thanks 
  • janer1967
    You need 8 points for standard and 12 for enhanced 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    @bigtim7 you can telephone them in a weeks time and ask for a copy of the assessors report (PA4) that will give you an idea of the award being recommended.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    Hi there @bigtim7 good luck with your review . I was asked a lot of questions to do with my dog like who walks my dog who bends down to feed him ect but I don’t have a problem with mobility but that’s why they ask these questions they asked who walks my dog as I do struggle to go outside my partner walks my dog so that’s why they ask questions like that to do with pets and children . 

As for the suicidal question I was asked that as my disability is mental illnesses they also asked me bout medication and when my community team thought I would be able to have my trauma therapy . They do ask those sorts of questions . 
  • joyclyn
    joyclyn Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
    After tell call feb17  was  told it would take 8 weeks out the blue got tel call from dwp my daughter was out she said need toask a couple quextions post code birthday said hers was also thaT day said.her age she was lovely   lady asked about me  goi ng out  i dont anyway she said got her answers i dont know what they were  i dont know if she mentioned a letter but said  not to worry at all.i dont know what happens now  but she was very nice with me 
  • bigtim7
    Hi everyone just a quick update to say I got my award today for standard living till 2025 .totally over the moon to be awarded this.

I did ask for a copy of the  report and a few times the health advisor has stated that I manage to take my medication which is wrong as I told her time after time its my wife that sorts that for me.she also put that it was myself that filled the form out when it was my wife as I find it too stressful 

Wanted to pass on my thanks for your advice 
  • janer1967
    Thanks for sharing and great news 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    bigtim7 said:
    Hi everyone just a quick update to say I got my award today for standard living till 2025 .totally over the moon to be awarded this.

I did ask for a copy of the  report and a few times the health advisor has stated that I manage to take my medication which is wrong as I told her time after time its my wife that sorts that for me.she also put that it was myself that filled the form out when it was my wife as I find it too stressful 

Wanted to pass on my thanks for your advice 
    If the issues they have got wrong could increase your point score to 12 you can request a Mandatory Reconsideration if you wish. The fact your husband filled out the form is unlikely to be significant, in my opinion, but the way you manage your medication may be.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Pleased to hear your news @bigtim7 - congratulations. :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.