Recorded my PIP assessment, can this be used as evidence at appeal? Will I still get PIP during MR? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Recorded my PIP assessment, can this be used as evidence at appeal? Will I still get PIP during MR?

Options
tonyuka11
tonyuka11 Community member Posts: 23 Listener
edited March 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I recieved my award letter today my disabilitys have gotten worse and they have taken away my mobility award and enhanced award  care component only left with standard rate care  which i think is wrong i have arranged my telephone pip assesment award revue to be recorded covertly my pip assessment so do have a copy of this  the PIP assessment services are un aware this was recorded can i use this as evidence  for my appeal or tribrunial , also  if i go for a mandatory reconsideration will i still get my pip award standard untill they look at my claim again thanks any ideas this is really important

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you request an MR the award of standard rate Daily Living will remain in place while the MR is considered.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi I am sorry to hear about your review 

You will still be paid the standard living award if you put in mr until this is completed 

As for the recording no you cant use it as evidence if you didnt inform them you were recording 

You can use it tho to to help put together your mr by listening to it and making relevant points from it 

The best way for mr is to go through each descriptor you think you should score and give 2 real examples for each of what happened when you try and do task 

Di you need help,  do you use any aids,  can you do task if not why not , can you do it safely,  reliably and repeatedly 

Put your mr in writing with any relevant additional evidence such as daily diary or statement from someone who helps you do tasks 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @tonyuka11

Sorry to hear that your award was reduced despite your conditions worsening. I hope the above information has been helpful and that any appeal goes the way you want it to :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.