Pip review — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip review

ella1992
ella1992 Community member Posts: 171 Courageous
So I won my pip appeal in 2019 my award was untill 2023 I got a letter few months ago saying its been extended till 2024 due to.covid but I have gut feeling they will send me letter to reassessment do u think it will be this year is there many back logs ? My ainexty is with worry because I know I will have to fight again ?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

If you won at tribunal 14 weeks prior to award end date you should get notified you need to reapply 

After a tribunal win it is classed as a new claim so if you dont hear you need to chase up advice is to apply 6 months b4 to ensure complete by time award ends 
  • ella1992
    No its was the 1st April mantony r 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    ella1992 said:
    No its was the 1st April mantony r 
    Don't understand what you meant by this.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ella1992 - & welcome to the community. Many people have had their PIP claims extended, mine included, due to Covid-19. Whilst you probably won't hear from the DWP until 2024, they can review a claim at any time. I'm sorry this is causing you to worry, but try & put it out of your mind for now, but, as advised, if you haven't heard 6 months before it's due to end, give them a call on 0800 121 4433.
  • ella1992
    Thank u for replying back put my mind at ease a little I just worry as I know I will have to fight again for it 
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Hi @ella1992 :)

I just wanted to say hi and welcome to the online community!

Glad to hear that the replies from our members have helped to put your mind at ease a little bit. As you can see, there's lots of people here who are happy to help and share their experiences when it comes to your PIP assessment, and anything else that you might want to ask about. 

Feel free to explore the rest of the forum. You might want to get involved in some of the discussions in the Coffee Lounge to take your mind off things - and just give us a shout if there's anything else we can help you with.

@Caz_Scope  
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • niknoo
    niknoo Community member Posts: 46 Connected
    I had a letter in January saying my PIP had been extended to Dec 21, and a week later I got the review form :( and I know quite a few others have had similar experiences. Xx
  • ella1992
    Oh no sorry to hear that my pip was awarded till.2023 iv been getting it for just over 3 years now but mine been extended till 2024 x
  • niknoo
    niknoo Community member Posts: 46 Connected
    My review was very quick. All done and awarded again within 5 weeks though :) x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.