Im worried! Is it a bad thing that pip have made a decision within a week? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Im worried! Is it a bad thing that pip have made a decision within a week?

Options
Carla03
Carla03 Community member Posts: 10 Listener

Carla03 Listener

Hi all. Im new here.  Has anyone ever had a quick response after telephone assessment from pip? 

I applied 1st time 17th Dec. Had my telephone assessment last week on wednesday 17th March. Had a text 2 days later saying the dwp now have my report and i will hear back within 8 weeks.

So today, i plucked up the courage to ring and ask for assessors report. The man on the phone said "Yes, i will do that - Oh, it looks like they have already made their decision and sent it out to you on Wednesday 24th, but i will still send out your report".

I didnt dare ask him what the decision is as was scared and also shocked its been done so quick Now im worried that its bad news! Anyone else had such a quick response with postive result or could it still be bad? Im worried sick even though i know theres nothing i can do. Thanks x

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don’t think you can infer anything from the speed of response.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The quick decision doesnt mean anything other than the DM dealjng with it  had all the info they needed and didnt have huge backlogs to work through 
  • Carla03
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. Its such a confusing system that its hard to judge. 
    I dont remember them asking me my bank details either. The assessor only asked me if i have a bank account but not details.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,629 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Its odd atm some decisions are very quick and others slower than you might expect, it's just the luck of the draw.
    Hope your decision is what you expected @Carla03
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Carla03 said:
    Thanks for your reply. Its such a confusing system that its hard to judge. 
    I dont remember them asking me my bank details either. The assessor only asked me if i have a bank account but not details.
    Answered in other thread where you posted the same. You will have provided your bank details at the start of the claim. The assessor only asked about a bank account as part of their assessment of your abilities/difficulties.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Carla03
    Options
    Ah okay. Thank you. 
  • buffy6956
    buffy6956 Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    Options
    What was the outcome please as same thing happening with me 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.