Phone call after sending form off — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Phone call after sending form off

galowo
galowo Community member Posts: 54 Connected
Hello everyone,

I’m currently in receipt of PIP and it doesn’t end until 9/10 months, maybe longer as I had a letter about extended due to lockdown. 

I received an assessment form with a letter saying we need to check you’re getting the right amount etc. Apparently they do this after a year?

I filled it in had a text saying they have received it. 

Thanks for sending us your 'How your disability affects you' form. We may need you to attend a consultation with a health professional before we make our decision. We'll contact you again if we do. Please call us if any of the details you gave us have changed.

Then a missed call, I rang back and the advisor I needed had left the office and he said he’ll get her to call me Monday, something about one of my answers and wanting more information even though I filled everything out.

Is this normal?

thank you

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

It sounds to me like you are having a review if quit have filled out the form and being told you may have an assessment 

Dont worry too much about the call it can happen they may be trying to do a paper based assessment and just need you to answer few questions 

This is just a thought all you can do is wait to be contacted again 

This is what happened to me my last review 
  • galowo
    galowo Community member Posts: 54 Connected
    Thanks for replying, did you have to have another assessment? I’m so nervous 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I just had paper based assessment they make a decision on the form and evidence without the phone or f2f assessment 

These dont happen often though most people who have a  review have an assessment 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.