How long does it take for SDP to be assessed? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long does it take for SDP to be assessed?

Options
jsmith8899
jsmith8899 Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
Hi there, think it was the previous week I applied for Severe Disability Premium (had stopped my normal ESA payment of £275 for the 2 weeks total payment because of being granted Enhanced Living part of PIP) is there any idea of how long it takes approximately for SDP to be assessed at all?

Just wanted some idea if at all possible how long that might be before the backdated payment.

Thanks ever so much

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,629 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You don't need to be assessed for SDP they just need to check you qualify for it, if you get income related ESA receive PIP care at either rate, no one claims carers allowance for caring for you and you either live alone of with someone else who qualifies its basically that simple.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's an administrative exercise - usually quite quick once requested.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.