Reasonable adjustments — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reasonable adjustments

Athkathla11
Athkathla11 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi there,

Im working in a professional, client facing job that has 60-100 hour weeks and an expectation of swift promotion to the next level but have been diagnosed with a chronic, progressive, condition and can’t do that anymore.

Can I opt back in to normal working hours and stay in my current role (avoiding the rat race for promotion) with no reduction in pay?

Appreciate your thoughts!

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Athkathla11 - & welcome to the community. This is something you would have to discuss with your employer. Scope has some info on Reasonable adjustments, which you may find helpful, Please see:
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @Athkathla11 you could also get in touch with acas they can give you help and advice if your in a union your union rep can also help you  some citizens advice can also help you 

Yoy could also explain to your employer your situation as well but I thinks its best to get advice first so that you know what to say 

Hope that helps 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

You can request reasonable adjustments under equality act 

Best way is to be ask to be referred to occupational health for work based assessment 
    They will then recommend any adjustments 

It all depends if the company can accommodate your adjustments and see them as reasonable and fit into your role 

Your rate of pay should not be affected by any adjustments unless it means doing a different token in a different pay scale 

Let us know if you need any further help 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I may not have explained correctly I was referring to hourly rate should stay same if no change to role 

Obviously if less hours this will mean less pay 

Sorry @Username_removed hope this makes more sense 

Brightness