Bad experienc diagnosing fungus skin infection? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bad experienc diagnosing fungus skin infection?

Options
2»

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,073 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2021
    Options
    @harry01 good luck  I don't know why amazon don't monitor these sellers, I had a fake item sold to me off there, i told amazon and they did nothing  about the seller or sale of the item, just refunded me and told me to bin thd item and it's still being sold. 
  • harry01
    harry01 Community member Posts: 217 Courageous
    Options
    I had another distressing discussion with the doctor. I don't think they appreciate the psychological impact this has on someone. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that @harry01. What did they say? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • harry01
    Options
    Said she can 'reassure' me that cream was not on from 2015. Just distressed me further. Even referred to Lichen Schlerosus which the dermatologist even admitted that they 'didnt know' it was this. I said that the prescription of more steroid creams wouldn't help since inflammation and "swelling' were certainly not features of this 'thing' that has co-inhabited my skin. Ultimately it was another distressing and fruitless discussion. 
  • harry01
    Options
    I'll never put trust in them again. I'll have to get my own medical degree and do my own training at this rate. 6 years. 
  • harry01
    Options
    This is slightly unbelievable. Now it would surprise me if they can even treat the simplest of skin problems. In fact I think that they are worst equipped to treat the most obvious and common problems. 
  • harry01
    Options
    It's so appalling it boggles the mind. May as well try different stuff at home. The first application came off by drowning this stuff in arnica cooling gel and after leaving it on it then came off with soap and hot water. However when I tried this after so much applied in 2015 this didn't work. In fact, I vaguely remember that a body shop shampoo removed it. I wonder what was in it that attacked this fungus or whatever it is. I cannot believe that they have no idea at all. What on earth do they even study. 'Your guess is as good as mine medicine'. 
  • harry01
    Options
    To clarify, that was first application in 2014
  • harry01
    Options
    I'm exhausted. I'm really tired of everything. 
  • harry01
    Options
    They abandoned me. All of them. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Has something else happened @harry01? Sorry that this was missed initially. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • harry01
    Options
    Not really. They haven't helped. They did prescribe other fungal cream but hasn't worked. So I don't mind their assessment based in fungal swab and bacterial swab that if is neither of these, it just means it's something else. 
  • harry01
    Options
    But the last phone call with the GP, the guy recommends TENS for 'yellow pain'. This is a pretty nuts suggestion. 

Brightness