Would it help to send my UC report with my PIP form? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Would it help to send my UC report with my PIP form?

Options
em444
em444 Community member Posts: 105 Connected
MY UC HEALTH REPORT 
Would it help to send my UC report, with my PIP form ? Sent it on 13th March, got message to say received on 23rd March. I found the telephone assessment really stressful and overwhelming, got really upset.
Has anyone had any positive  news, regarding PIP assessment. Mine is for Mental health, degenerative spine and lower back pain.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

If I understand right you have already had your assessment for PIP 

I'm a bit confused as you asked if to send your UC report with your PIP form but then said you sent it on 13th march and found assessment stressful 

It's very quick to have sent it and already had an assessment

As for your question you can send it but both benefits are completely separate and have different criteria 
  • em444
    em444 Community member Posts: 105 Connected
    Options
    Sorry, no, I meant that I've had my UC Health Assessment already. Which I found really stressful. Ive sent the Health report, with my PIP form, to see if it would help. As another telephone assessment will be really daunting. Thank you for any advice 

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You welcome 

Sending your health report is fine,  the best evidence is your own account of how your condition affects your daily living and mobility and what you put on the form 

You will most likely have another assessment as it is different criteria your UC assessment looks at your ability to work in a work environment 

Pip looks at your ability to do daily tasks and how your living is affected 

They ask similar questions but are looking at it from different perspective 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.