Council Tax Reduction - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Council Tax Reduction

2»

Comments

• Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 542 Pioneering

Apparently, it doesn’t matter what discount is on the bill, me a single person or the child benefit, it is exactly the same, so makes no difference. Makes you wonder why they have decided to change that now though.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Is it just that the charge has increased over the 2 years check previous bill to see how much the while charfe has changed before any reduction 
  • Leigh14
    This is what the benefit calculator came up with. My actual bill is £39 a month, so going by the calculator from here, should it not be £13.28 a month?

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Assuming you pay your Council Tax in 10 instalments then the monthly charge at £3.32/week would be £17.26/month (£3.32 x 52 /10)
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Leigh14
    Of course, Thankyou.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.