Light touch. P.i.p — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Light touch. P.i.p

kezhendo73
kezhendo73 Community member Posts: 37 Courageous
edited March 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi just wanted to ask if anyone can help me.
At the moment I am doing my renewal for my pip enhanced/enhanced and I've been told over the light touch review I'm not quite sure if you have to ask for this or if it will be automatic so I'll tell you a little bit about myself I suffer with fibromyalgia DDD and I also have mental health problems I was told in 2018 that my pip was to stop it took me a whole 12 months until I had to go to tribunal which I did in August 2019 and the decision was made before I'd even open my mouth to speak they couldn't honestly believe that my case was up for renewal never mind being brought up in front of them.
Fast forward until now I can't explain where me anxiety levels are at this moment in time.
Luckily my daughter has completed my forms for me but I'm frightened to death they will power my money or even stop it.
Which then brings me back to my question I'm just not sure if to put that on the form so any feedback on this matter would be greatly appreciated many thanks before hand ?

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    Sorry to see you didn't receive a reply on this @kezhendo73

I have seen your comment on the other thread, and thought I would give this one a bump in the hope that someone will be able to get back to you :) 

Just to clarify, which part are you asking about if you should include it on the form?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    Apparently the light touch review hasn’t been designed yet, that’s all I know unfortunately sorry.
    here is a link to a freedom of information request, the reply from the dwp is in a pdf if you scroll down the page.
    https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/pip_light_touch_reviews

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there @kezhendo73

It's is DWP who will decide if light touch would be applied 

It is usually considered for those given a ten year award,  there is no way their condition will get better , they get enhanced and I'm not sure but that they are over pension age 

As you are having a review and only had a 2 or 3 year award would suggest it wouldn't be light touch 

I am also led to believe the light touch has been talked about but isnt really been implemented to any great extent but again this is hear say 

There is no harm putting it on your form 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    as @leeCal rightly says light touch doesn't exist yet.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• kezhendo73
    kezhendo73 Community member Posts: 37 Courageous
    Thank you for all your replies, it was just something that I was told about and as I've been on DLA for 4years before i went over to PIP so in total I've been on it for 7 years I could well be entitled to the light touch review what I wasn't quite sure what it was so I'm just going to sit back now and hope for the best
     Many thanks Kerrie ?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @ajones a light touch review is different from a 10 year award . A 10 year award is the longest they give so congratulations.  Light touch is where they are proposing to not do a full reassessment but just make sure nothing has changed 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.