Is it normal to have your telephone assessment call out of the blue? It only lasted 24 minutes — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is it normal to have your telephone assessment call out of the blue? It only lasted 24 minutes

Options
BoabyRab
BoabyRab Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi people. Just joined today, had started a claim for PIP in November last year, hadn't heard anything until today my phone rings and its my assessment, no letters or appointments through post,just out of the blue phone call, is this normal? The assessment only lasted 24 minutes as well,which I find quite worrying. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

You are normally informed and given notice of an assessment 

Was it a healthcare professional or was it a decision maker from DWP 

I just ask as sometimes they do a paper based assessment and just call out of the blue to ask few additional questions 

What did they say at end of call 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @BoabyRab - & welcome to the community. As Jane says, you're normally given a week's notice of having a phone assessment. However, some assessments are just based on the evidence you've already sent, so paper-based, & it does happen that sometimes someone then rings asking a few questions. This can also happen after a 'normal' assessment too, so not something to worry about.
    In about a week's time you can ring the DWP on 0800 121 4433 to ask for a copy of your assessor's report. You will still have to wait for an actual decision letter, but this usually gives an indication as to what you might potentially be awarded. Hope this helps, & kindly let us know how you get on, thank you.
  • BoabyRab
    BoabyRab Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, the woman seemed really nice tbh. She was a healthcare professional and said at the end of call that after her report is sent back it should be 6 to 8 weeks till I hear back from the DWP. I'm actually  relieved I wasn't expecting the assessment as I would probably have made myself ill with worry knowing it was coming. My mental health did start to play up afterwards though as I did wonder why it came out of the blue. Thanks again for the replies and I shall let you know how I get on.
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Thank you @BoabyRab - hoping all goes well for you. :)
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Hi @pipandesa - please would you stop sending the same message to some of our members who have mentioned PIP, thank you
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @pipandesa

Is it really necessary to put the same comments on every post on here 

You are also breaching community guidelines as we do not permit email addresses to be included for your own safety and our members 

Your post has been sent to Adam who will take the required action to remove the information  breaching guidelines 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.