Is it normal to be waiting this long to hear anything? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is it normal to be waiting this long to hear anything?

Options
rubin16
rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 538 Pioneering
Hi, My names Rubin, I applied for PIP at the start of January this year (21) and still not heard anything, no letters, no text just nothing. I have phoned DWP who has said its been sent to the Medical Accessors but this was over a month ago and still nothing. Is it normal to be waiting this long to hear anything, as its been over 3 months now and not even had a letter stating I need an assessment or anything and just worried my form has been lost or something. Thanks.
I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Is it normal to be waiting this long to hear anything, as its been over 3 months now 
    Unfortunately it is quite normal at the moment.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Ruben 

It is quite normal there are backlogs currently 

The process takes around 6 months but assessments are taking quite a while to take place currently 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @rubinheath16 :) Have the above replies put your mind at ease at all? I hope that you're not waiting for too much longer. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 538 Pioneering
    Options
    Thanks for the responses, I feel more at ease now. I was getting anxious thinking something has gone wrong or something with my form. Hopefully i'll hear from them soon but all I can do is wait.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• Daisyt1996
    Daisyt1996 Community member Posts: 27 Listener
    Options
    @rubinheath16 I sent off my form feb and had a call of capita 2 weeks ago. But I did phone capita myself and they gave me an appointment time and date on call 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.