PIP Tribunal Query — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Tribunal Query

sunshine88
sunshine88 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi everyone, 

I have my PIP tribunal this week. I first applied about 1.5 years ago and my health has got worse since then. I’ve also had some new diagnoses that I didn’t have at the time of the assessment, which I’ve submitted evidence of along with scans and test results etc, but I’m worried I’ve done the wrong thing by saying that as the PIP department have commented on my evidence being ‘irrelevant’ because I didn’t mention it at assessment (because I was still under investigations at that time). 

I wondered if anyone could confirm if the purpose of the tribunal is to prove that the assessor was wrong at the time they completed my assessment, or is it to just chat through my current health with the tribunal panel? 

I’m already worried enough about the tribunal but now I’m concerned I’ve messed up my chances by saying that I’ve worsened etc (although even at the time of the assessment my health was still bad enough to meet a lot of the requirements that the assessor didn’t mark down). I’d be really grateful for any advice. 

Thank you! 

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.