Hi, I'm Slaney! Am I eligible for PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm Slaney! Am I eligible for PIP?

Slaney
Slaney Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited March 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Good morning to everyone,
this is my situation; I moved to Japan (I'm a British citizen) with my son and my wife in 2003, I had a stroke in Tokyo in 2012, I got divorced, I moved back to the UK in March 2019. I had my second stroke in June 2019. I tried returning to work in January 2020 but that was politely refused. My doctor has recently assessed me and has strongly advised me that I can never work again. I applied for my PIP application form and they sent me form to fill in regarding how long, where and why I lived during my 16 year absence so that they can proceed with my application....I'm still waiting for the PIP form. I'm not against the rules and regulations but I'm just wondering "do I qualify to make an application" ?

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.