New f1 season — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New f1 season

janer1967
janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
For anyone into f1 like me the new season starts this weekend with qualifying on Sat and race on sun usually shown on channel 4big you dont have sky 

Also the new f1 drive to survive now on netflix this goes through each season and follows the teams and drivers really good watch 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    I know people love f1 @janer1967 but it does my head in it's like vvrrrmmmmm and they're gone  :)
    But as always it's each to their own.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Garza
    Garza Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    I enjoy F1 but I think year and year more and more is done by the car itself and less the driver, I imagine Hamilton will win again, best driver in best car makes him pretty much unbeatable, I wish they would all have to race using exactly the same car, would make it more exciting for me
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    I love cars and driving and racing but like Woodbine am not into F1. It just never appealed to me for some reason.

But I agree each to their own and I would never stop anyone from enjoying what they like. :) I hope lots of F1 fans find this thread and make a good discussion.

I do like the sound an F1 car makes :smiley:
  • Welshjayne2021
    Welshjayne2021 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
    I love F1, but I agree it has become a bit predictable.  Maybe as Garza says it should be on a more level playing field.  Then drivers like Daniel Riccado, Danil Kyviat, just to mention a few would have a chance of the championship.  Don’t get me wrong I am a huge fan of Lewis Hamilton, but we need a different champion this year.  Looking forward to the new season.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I do agree with the comments seems to be a one person and team on top all time 

But some new drivers and new teams this year wonder how Schumacher will do in his first season 

Would be good to see what would happen if they all had same car I agree 

But I like it no matter 

I think if Hamilton wins this year and achieved the most championships ever he will retire 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I love F1, but I agree it has become a bit predictable. 
    Definitely agree with this. I always give it a chance, but my interest definitely peters out when it settles into a Mercedes stomping. Fingers crossed for something different this year.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    F1 is the only sport I am into. Can't wait! As for the sound of the engines today @66Mustang they sound like they are on mute today compared to way they used to sound. The quieter engines have taken some of the atmosphere away from the sport! I was a seriously hacked off when the live races were moved to sky. I haven't got sky.
  • Audinut70
    Audinut70 Community member Posts: 133 Pioneering
    I agree about the predictability, I also miss the engine note. I stopped watching when the cars became less competitive. I  disagree with comparing chumachers titles to Lewis's, Michael's races were more competitive and breakdowns were more prevalent, he would've won loads more if he'd had Lewis's car advantage. 
  • Sad_Scotsman
    Sad_Scotsman Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Personally I love the old races at the very start of F1. Granted it was more dangerous then and the cars were a little funky but the rich history there is fascinating. I recently watch the documentary on juan manuel Fangio and i can definitely say i learned a few things. I love a good race but what i can't do without is vintage cars and those old leather bench seat interiors and the c-cab trucks with the wooden beds at the back.
  • aconz
    aconz Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Can't say I'm into F1 but I'm enjoying the netflix series about it.

Brightness