I think I applied for LCWRA instead of PIP by accident. Could I stop LCWRA as I'm over max savings? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I think I applied for LCWRA instead of PIP by accident. Could I stop LCWRA as I'm over max savings?

Options
Sanmichelle
Sanmichelle Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi l have had a phone assesment for capabilites for work l think l have applied for wrong benefit and should have been pip. If l am successful can l apply for pip and stop LCWRA  as l am over amount in savings. TIA

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

Yes you can apply for PIPregardkess if the outcome if your work capability they are completely separate benefits 

I presume you applied for UC or esa ? You need to inform dwp if you are over savings threshold 
  • Sanmichelle
    Options
    To be perfectly honest l cannot remember l am in such a bad place since nov l cannot remember half of things l have said or done.l.had my assessment last Wednesday many thanks
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    Options
    You don’t apply for LCWRA as a separate benefit.

if you applied for new style ESA it is not means tested so is not affected by savings.

if you applied for UC you will have had to declare your savings as part of the claim process and if you are over the £16,000 limit your claim would be refused. Obviously if you did apply for UC and did not declare your savings you do need to now declare them.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Sanmichelle
    Options
    Hi l can rember claiming for esa contributions but l had used  my quota so they send me forms for capacity for work.thanks
  • Sanmichelle
    Options
    They also send letter to gp
  • Sanmichelle
    Options
    Hi can l ask when making a pip claim can you describe more than one condition on the form
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi can l ask when making a pip claim can you describe more than one condition on the form
    You need to explain all the difficulties you have the majority of the time as a consequence of ill health however many conditions,  that may involve.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.