Your favourite place in the UK? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Your favourite place in the UK?

Options
2»

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    In my home county (Norfolk), I'd have to say my favourite place is Great Yarmouth, purely because it is amusements galore, and the true tourist i am, i have to go in every gift shop  :D but there are more rustic seaside towns nearer to me which i love.

Further afield, i would have to say Skegness because it really is a lovely place and fun to be there. Scotland on the other hand, i'll never forget it's enchanting scenery, each lake was beautiful and unique, along with driving through the mountains. It was absolutely lovely and memorable! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,597 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Ami2301 I’ve been to Great Yarmouth several times. It’s very nice there I agree. :)

I hope to go to Scotland soon to experience what you mention!! :smiley:
  • Sad_Scotsman
    Sad_Scotsman Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    Dunno if Scotland is actually in the UK but ive been there once and i would love to go back. My dad was born there and I've always thought of it as home

• JessJ
    JessJ Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Blandford Forum.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Scotland is currently in the UK @Sad_Scotsman. Whereabouts would you like to visit? I'd love to go to Edinburgh. 

What took you there @JessJ? I just Googled it and it seems really pretty!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Sad_Scotsman
    Sad_Scotsman Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    I'd like to go back to the highlands and the isle of skye. But mostly to Dunnock castle and loch lomand
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Some great places mentioned @Ami2301 my in laws are in Norfolk so done a few of lovely places like cromer , sheringham and the broads 

I have been to Edinburgh @Tori_Scope a few times well worth the visit and staying a few days . Scotland has some amazing places to see 
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Options
    If you've never been, Durham is well worth a visit! 

'A perfect little city', as the author Bill Bryson describes it :)

And if you travel there by train, the view across the city as you enter the station is just stunning - particularly when the castle and the cathedral are lit up at night-time.
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm going to say my hometown, Keighley. It has it's issues, but I value where I come from massively.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Options
    My favourite place in the UK is Borth in Wales. I have been there several times on holiday and would love to live there one day. It isn't very far from where live now but I would just love to be able to walk on the beach everyday. Even though it is freezing in the winter!
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I like Borth and Aber  and Newquay  in wales x
  • Ibelive2020
    Ibelive2020 Community member Posts: 799 Pioneering
    Options
    @Caz_Scope i live in durham @66Mustang mine has to be lake district 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Durham cathedral is my favourite, the setting is just perfect high up over the river.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Options
    Yes @leeCal!!

It's a few years since I've been now, but it's lovely up by the cathedral and on Palace Green :smile:
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Pixie51
    Pixie51 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    Options
    Cornwall for me. Had happy years as a child living in Falmouth and Penzance and would like to retire back eventually.. Minnack Theatre is my fav place on earth, nature and creativity combined x
    Yoga heals the soul ??

Brightness